[Freeswitch-users] No hang up, transfers or hold

Bote Man botelist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 17:40:21 UTC 2022

All I can tell you is that FreeSWITCH has no way to know how to process your Transfer button on your phone. The defaults that come with the Vanilla configuration files are merely to get it as close as possible to working in a basic PBX mode so that you can play with FreeSWITCH quickly, but they are by no means the end of your configuration tasks. You are fortunate that it has worked so well for you with so little configuration needed thus far.

This all sounds like a chance to learn more about how your phones handle transfers, tweak some FreeSWITCH dialplan codes, and perhaps you might need to tweak your firewall to allow the conference audio to pass to external users. I think you are not far off since it mostly works right now.

The Wiki is in need of some updating on various topics, but it holds a wealth of information nevertheless. Here is one starting point that might help you:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_dptools%3A+transfer

Best success!

John Boteler
Bote Communications