[Freeswitch-users] Ring Group with Video Preview

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Tue Dec 27 17:40:58 UTC 2022

On Tuesday 27 December 2022 at 18:32:58, Jerry Kendall wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with ring groups that show a preview (on all
> video capable phones) of a door phone?

I somehow doubt that it is possible to send a preview to a ring group.

That's verging on video-conferencing, after all.

> I have Fanvil (V67/I53W) and Grandstream video phones (GXV3480/GXV3240)
> connected to Fanvil(I64) and Axis(A8207) door phones.
>
> the door phones are able to send preview and the phones are able to receive
> previdw but the screens only show a black image - no live video.

Have you tried reducing the configuration to a simple setup of one door phone
and one video phone, to see whether a preview can be sent/received like that?

If that works, do a packet capture and look at the SDP part of the SIP
communication, and then compare with the same thing using a ring group.

Antony.

--
How does an Israeli man make beer?  Hebrews it.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.