[Freeswitch-users] Issue with Video Freezing with Personal Canvas and Vmute

Justin Evans Justin.Evans at amnhealthcare.com
Thu Dec 8 19:54:05 UTC 2022

Hello

I have a FreeSwitch conference with 3 participants. The first two participants have video and audio unmuted while the third participant joins the conference with the vmute member flag set in a dialplan. We do not want the third participant’s video feed taking up space on the canvas for the other two members, so we use the video-mute-exit-canvas conference flag. Here are the conference flags we are currently using:

<param name="conference-flags" value="video-muxing-personal-canvas|manage-inbound-video-bitrate|video-mute-exit-canvas"/>

Frequently we notice that the video between the first and second participant will freeze for one of the two participants. RTP is still being transmitted/received from/to the members, but the video stays frozen. Audio still works after the video freezes. I do not see any errors in the fs_cli logs. We have been using Freeswitch version 1.10.8. Any ideas what could be happening? Is there something else I should look at for more information?