[Freeswitch-users] codec negotiation error

Brian May brian at linuxpenguins.xyz
Tue Aug 9 22:04:07 UTC 2022

Brian West <brian at freeswitch.com> writes:

> Sounds like you need to setup outbound caller ID, do you have a full sip
> trace?

Have a look at both traces here:

https://gist.github.com/brianmay/2ec0f404b901daf5a9e763aac0989cfe

I really thing the key to this problem must be somewhere here. Although
to my eyes everything looks OK.

Note there are two traces, one from my mobile to the audio repeat
service (9196) which worked, and one from my mobile to an extension
(1005) which didn't work.

Personally I find it hard to believe that sending the wrong ID in
response to the final OK message could cause loss of audio.

This isn't the outbound caller ID that was transmitted by the caller (my
provider) to the callee (freeswitch) on the invite, this is the callee
(freeswitch) telling my provider who they just called.

But if you think this could cause problems, and call tell me how to
change it (everything I see if for the outbound caller id), then I can
try to change it.
--
Brian May <brian at linuxpenguins.xyz>
https://linuxpenguins.xyz/brian/