[Freeswitch-users] Jitter and dropping MOS score

John Hardiman john.hardiman at missionlabs.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 08:36:01 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph,

For the CPU part: On linux boxes if a process in top goes over 100% or top shows >1.0 in load, this means that more than one core is occupied. Since you have 16 cores this is fine as you are using 1/16 of your CPU for the FreeSWITCH process. So 200% would be 2 cores fully used etc, etc.

For the Jitter part/dropping MoS, we might need a bit more info, like times or patterns that is happens or even what the MoS drops by and how much jitter is seen. I personally use SNGrep and a combination of Homer/VoIPMonitor to get all of the stuff I need.

Accurate monitoring will point you in the right direction if there is an issue (Homer 7 is free and really good as a side note)

Thanks,

John.