[Freeswitch-users] Developers / packagers here?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Thu Nov 4 20:00:41 UTC 2021

On Thursday 04 November 2021 at 20:24:03, John Covici wrote:

> I think you should be able to dl all this with mod_xml_curl.  This
> module will give you the xml you need after searching whatever
> database you need -- and it can be on a per-call basis.  One thing
> though, you might be better using a real programming language for
> these use cases.  Freeswitch is more of a toolkit whereas asterisk is
> more of a pbx specific arrangement.

Thanks.

When you say "use a real programming language", do you mean "instead of
FreeSwitch / Asterisk" or do you mean instead of XML / curl?

Just wondering whether you regard FreeSwitch / Asterisk as a sensible starting
point here, and if so, what you would recommend using alongside them as a
"real language".

Antony.

--
A user interface is like a joke.
If you have to explain it, it means it doesn't work.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.