[Freeswitch-users] Configuring mod_portaudio for Debian built-in (JACK?) audio

Bote Man botelist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 20:40:38 UTC 2021

I have never tried any of the linux audio drivers, but I have never heard a good word about any of them. YMMV.

In ${conf_dir}/autoload_configs/portaudio.conf.xml I see:

  <settings>

    <!-- indev, outdev, ringdev:

   partial case sensitive string match on something in the name

   or the device number prefixed with # eg "#1" (or blank for default) -->

    <!-- device to use for input -->

    <param name="indev" value=""/>

    <!-- device to use for output -->

    <param name="outdev" value=""/>

The wiki has some good ideas on how to list the available devices from fs_cli in:

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_portaudio

One suggestion to aid you in testing would be to use the “playback” dialplan app to generate test tones with tone_stream or play a .wav file.

---

Bote Man

Bote Communications