[Freeswitch-users] Marking an active speaker in video stream

Mirjana Jovanovic Mirjana.Jovanovic at c4b.de
Thu Jul 8 10:35:46 UTC 2021

Hi,

Is it possible to mark an active speaker in the video stream, without affecting his position in the canvas?

I am trying to achieve a similar effect that can be observed in Microsoft Teams. Active speaker is marked with a border around his video box.
For example, there are 4 participants in the meeting. All of them are using video, and all are visible in the canvas. When the active speaker changes, I would like to avoid the shuffle effect, and just mark the active speaker with a border.

I have tried to find available options in confluence, and haven’t found an option for drawing a different-color border for the active speaker.
It is clear that a custom layout can be defined with an image with floor=true attribute. This would mean that an active speaker is always shown in this position, and that is the effect I would like to avoid.

Thanks