[Freeswitch-users] How to bridge to external using URL, which is correct?

mario_fs mario_fs at mgtech.com
Mon Oct 26 20:25:54 UTC 2020

Thanks again David for the last tip. It did not work but I am posting how I got it to work in case this info is useful to others:

I could not get the callerid passed no way using a variety of methods using a gateway. The param mentioned did not work. Years ago, passing callerid through worked but due to spoofing I think ITSPs are eliminating this capability.

I gave up and just for kicks tried INTERNAL, and got it to work! I tried to pass sip auth name, password and realm and I kept getting not authorized even though I used the correct info. Then, I remembered my ITSP callcentric.com had info that stated if a URI came in from a non-callcentric account use “in.callcentric.com <http://in.callcentric.com/>”. Since there is no gateway using internal, I removed the sip authorization, add “in." to the url, and bingo, the call went through, forwarded to push server, rang both iPhones, and passed the callerid! One caveat though, I had people call me to test and I always got the number not always the name. For instance, had someone call from Home Depot, I got the number but no name. Calls from landlines worked for both. Will need to look into this further but at least now the callerid is back when Freeswitch bridges a call to our iPhones.

Hope this helps someone someday. I worked years on this, all January, and finally all the last 3 days. My line is a simple:

sofia/internal/12345678901130 at in.callcentric.com <mailto:sofia/internal/12345678901130 at in.callcentric.com>
The number is the account number followed by 3 digit extension (130).

Mario G