[Freeswitch-users] Timing issues with Verto, SIP client works fine

Support from NetworkedAudio LLC support at naud.io
Thu Jun 18 16:58:43 UTC 2020

Have done some more testing - the issue appears to be that packets are dropped or a timing resync happens when connecting to PortAudio through the dialplan.

Tests:

Soft phone (MicroSIP) > Conference > Verto (on Chrome) - sounds great.
Verto (on Chrome) > Conference > Verto (on Chrome) - sounds good, some crunchiness, some drops.
Soft phone (MicroSIP) > PortAudio > external system > PortAudio > Verto (on Chrome) sounds pretty good.
Verto (on Chrome) > PortAudio > external system > PortAudio > Verto (on Chrome) sounds quite poor, lost words.

External system is 48KHz and PortAudio > external system > PortAudio sounds perfect.

Recordings of the above are at https://bit.ly/3EFFyb0

Jitter buffers aren't making any difference and the timer_test shows good numbers. All are using the Opus CODEC.

Any other ideas, please ?