[Freeswitch-users] Dropped calls

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Wed Feb 5 15:20:39 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have a customer that has reported LOTS of dropped calls over a 6-month period.  She claims several a day. I have replaced the phone and the network cabling with no change.  I have reviewed many log files.  There are no errors reported and the calls all end with a hang-up, mostly from her leg but occasionally the other end.  It happens inbound and outbound. It has just occurred to me that if the RTP stopped working, it would appear to be a dropped call to the user who would hang-up.  Other users at this site report occasional or rare dropped calls, but the main problem is then receptionist who clearly gets most of the calls.

They are NAT connections through a SonicWall firewall that I hate and may be the problem.  The server (FS 1.8) is shared with other users/companies and is not NAT.

Does anyone have any suggestions for diagnosing this maddening problem?

Thank you,
Sean