[Freeswitch-users] BLF NOTIFYs only for initiator, never recipient

Jeff Pyle jeff at ugnd.org
Sat Sep 21 02:12:37 UTC 2019

...and after weeks of fighting with this, and moments after posting to the
list, I discovered the presence_id channel variable.  From sofia_presence.c:

        // Usually we report the dialogs FROM the probed user.  The
exception is when the monitored endpoint is internal,
        // and its presence_id is set in the dialplan.  Reverse the
direction if this is not a registered entity.

The example
<https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/presence_id> on
Confluence didn't work for me as written.  I had to export rather than set,
but that took care of it.

- Jeff