[Freeswitch-users] BLF NOTIFYs only for initiator, never recipient

Jeff Pyle jeff at ugnd.org
Sat Sep 21 01:53:25 UTC 2019

Hello,

This is on v1.8.7, although I observed the same behavior when I was still
on 1.6.x, so I'm figuring I have something configured wrong.

I have a small number of users registering into the internal profile from a
variety of devices.  All call flows work fine in all directions with full
media with no discernable network issues.  My problem is with BLF; I see
status changes only for the initiator of a call, and never the recipient.

I have users 201 through 204 on this system (among others).  At the moment
I have 201 subscribed to status for 203 and 204.  Whenever 203 or 204
places a call, 201 gets a NOTIFY and the visual status changes
accordingly.  Whenever 203 or 204 receives a call, 201 gets nothing.

I've looked at 'sofia global debug presence' and I've verified Freeswitch
doesn't try to send a NOTIFY in the recipient cases.  I do see a multitude
of database queries but nothing that screams error.  I've tried clearing
out the /var/lib/freeswitch/db directory during a restart.  I've tried
jiggling every configuration parameter that could have an impact.  I cannot
cause any change in this behavior.  The Google isn't shedding any light
either, leading me to believe I've done something exceptional and
unintentional to cause this.

The subscribing devices in this case are Cisco SPA 50x and Polycom VVX
phones, both with current firmware.

I feel like I'm missing something fundamental.  Any hints, or directions to
take diagnosis?

Regards,
Jeff