[Freeswitch-users] Performance questions

H Yavari hyavari at rocketmail.com
Sat Nov 16 14:39:43 UTC 2019

 Jose, do you have any problem with current configurations?

    On Saturday, November 16, 2019, 4:29:56 PM GMT+3:30, Jose Fco. Irles DurĂ¡ <josefu at gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi,

I have several nodes with FreeSWICH, typically 2 socket Xeon v2 (with
8-12 cores every socket) and 64~128GB of RAM. I'm testing different
configurations for max performance.

I run FreeSWITCH containers (with docker and macvlan network), the
base system is Ubuntu 18.04 and I run 4 containers for machine (max
concurrency about 500-700 calls and max cps 200, limited in FreeSWITCH
config). But I have some questions about the base config of my
servers:

1. Is better cpu hyperthreading enabled or disabled?

2. Is relevant NUMA placement for FreeSWITCH (now I bind 2 FreeSWITCH
processes to one NUMA node of the machine)?

3. Is it recommended cpu pinning to avoid excessive context switching?
(my opinion is yes, but I don't know if the performance difference is
too high)

4. I run default Ubuntu kernel (generic ubuntu flavor, with kernel
CONFIG_HZ_250=y), but I can change to the "low latency" version, with
CONFIG_HZ=1000. Witch is better?
I have tested the two versions with timer_test command in FreeSWITCH
and I haven't seen any differences (with no load):
Avg: 20.000ms Total Time: 1000.002ms

Any other advise about network tunning?

PD: the containers are Debian Buster with FreeSWITCH 1.10.1

Best regards

--
Jose

Enhance your FreeSWITCH install with disruptive priced SMS and PSTN services.
Build your next product on our scalable cloud platform.

Join our online community to chat in real time https://signalwire.community

Professional FreeSWITCH Services
sales at freeswitch.com
https://freeswitch.com