[Freeswitch-users] FS can't reconnect to PostgreSQL database

Praveen Chourasia praveen.chourasia at outlook.com
Fri May 10 11:45:34 UTC 2019

Hi Frédérick,

PostgreSQL BDR uses 'Master-Master' replication and requires locking if any of the PostgreSQL BDR nodes (that are in replication cluster)  executes DDL SQL queries. It causes the whole cluster to lock as far as I remember.

The reason you may be experiencing the database getting locked when you restart one of the FreeSWITCH nodes is that FreeSWITCH upon its start/restart executes DDL queries.

FreeSWITCH AFAIK unconditionally executes 'DROP TABLE/VIEW...' and 'CREATE TABLE/VIEW ...' for tables like 'channels', 'calls', 'interfaces', 'tasks' (TABLES) & 'detailed_calls', 'basic_calls' (VIEWS) that ultimately leads to PostgreSQL BDR getting locked.

--
Praveen Chourasia