[Freeswitch-users] Missing audio in bridged call

Riccardo Traverso rtraverso86 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 13:20:03 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to FreeSWITCH (and PBX software in general) and I'm trying
to build a small directory IVR to start getting the hang of it. I'm
currently stuck, and I need your help please.

This is the setup. I've got a FreeSWITCH on the first machine with a Lua
extension that contains a basic IVR application. When a user calls the IVR
and performs a choice, I want to connect him to a specific remote SIP
address. I tried with the transfer command at first, but in my
understanding I could only use that if I wanted to connect him to another
user/extension on the same server, which isn't my case. So I tried with
bridging instead.
Right now, the IVR doesn't even ask for a choice, it just plays an audio
file and tries to connect to a fixed remote address for test, say
user at example.com, which in turn again just plays a different prompt.

When I call the Lua extension I correctly hear the audio of the first
prompt, but nothing from the second. I also tried starting voice
recognition on user at example.com, which works instead. Yet, even though
apparently user at example.com can hear me through the bridge, I cannot hear
his prompt. If i call directly user at example.com I hear the prompt correctly.

I do not even know where to start from, any advices, please? Which kind of
configs or logs would be useful to diagnose the problem? Thanks in advance!

Below is the code to my Lua extension.

Best regards,
Riccardo

    session:answer()