[Freeswitch-users] FSBlue / FreeSWITCH 1.8

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue May 1 17:17:31 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 10:57 AM, Michael Avers <michael at mailworks.org>
wrote:

> How is this a surprise to anyone? I'm actually surprised they didn't make
> these moves sooner. Look at what NGINX, MongoDB, etc. have done. FS folks
> should have gone enterprisey a long time ago. They deserve to get paid the
> big bucks from the very many companies out there earning real money thanks
> in big part to FS (Ooma, Dialpad, Fuze, too many to list).
>
> I appreciate your vote of confidence.  Our mission to distributed telecom
is only increasing.

> The only thing I'd add is that it would be nice to see some clarity on
> pricing and availability of things like Advantage, Blue, etc. Right now
> it's just a vague concept. Also the website folks need to step it up a few
> notches...

We're working through it.  FSA is actually about a year old at this point
so we have been so busy keeping up with maintaining everything that its
quite a challenge.
Pardon our dust while we try to unite some of our web properties and make a
cohesive site.  The website folks at this stage is basically us working
after hours =D  Resume's welcome!
The overhead to run the project has become quite extensive and we have more
employees than volunteers so the best path for the future of the project is
to have commercial services to subsidize taking things to the next level
which I think everyone will quite enjoy as the next several months unfold.
There is a lot of wiggle room between our commercial offerings and the
original prices of telecom FreeSWITCH helped take down 20 notches in the 12
years it has existed.

> Mike
>

> On Tue, May 1, 2018, at 6:47 AM, Gregor Nanger wrote:
>
> Unfortunately this was just a matter of time. But can you please make some
> rules and let community knows? You know, we all love you.
>
> Best regards, Gregor
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2018, 22:55 Steven Ayre <steveayre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When you say on a 'delayed' basis, what timeframe are we talking about?
>

> On 30 April 2018 at 17:15, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
>
> FreeSWITCH Advantage does indeed have fixes that are not yet released into
> our public repositories.  One of the advantages to FreeSWITCH Advantage
> would be that you can advanced access to some fixes and releases.  All of
> these will eventually make it down to the public releases, but on a delayed
> basis.
>
> Mike
>

> On Apr 30, 2018, at 10:13 AM, Steven Ayre <steveayre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There is also a FreeSWITCH Advantage repository (
> https://freeswitch.com/index.php/freeswitch-advantage/). This might be
> ahead of the public master branch?
>
> On 30 April 2018 at 14:34, Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1.8 is not released yet, but all source code is available in master
> branch. There are also .deb packages for 1.9.0 which are made from the
> master branch on a regular (daily?) basis.
>

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 11:37 AM, Markus Bönke <mbodbg at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just saw that the freeswitch team is offering now a hosting service
> FSBlue
> > (https://freeswitch.com/index.php/fs-blue/). In the description it is
> > mentioned that the manages instances are based on Freeswitch 1.8. So is
> > there now a commercial, closed source branch for Freeswitch 1.8 and a
> > community edition based on the 1.6 branch?
> >
> > Thanks and regards
> >
> > Markus

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

> Gregor Nanger
>
> *CTO*
> t./f.: 00386 (0) 7 6000 308/309 • m:. 00386 (0)41 756485
> • Infomedia d.o.o. • Jerebova 3, Novo mesto, Slovenia
> • www.infomedia.si

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II