[Freeswitch-users] gsmopen one-way voice issue

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 10:44:19 UTC 2017

try to change the interface devices that are used by gsopen, many times
modem (dongle) vendor are messing with them. Rerea the documentation, and
check out how to change those devices, eg, in various permutations.
This is the only thing that comes to my mind. If this do not work, you will
need to debug it deeply.
-giovanni

On 20 September 2017 at 11:47, Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Any help is very much appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeff
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 4:38 PM Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> Ok, I set all these to false  ...
> >>

> >> # sip_profiles/internal.xml
> >>
> >>         <param name="disable-transcoding" value="false"/>
> >>
> >>         <param name="inbound-late-negotiation" value="false"/>
> >>
> >>         <param name="inbound-zrtp-passthru" value="false"/>
> >>

> >> # ./sip_profiles/external.xml
> >>
> >>         <param name="disable-transcoding" value="false"/>
> >>
> >>         <param name="inbound-late-negotiation" value="false"/>
> >>
> >>         <param name="inbound-zrtp-passthru" value="false"/>
> >>

> >> Still no sound from GSM to SIP.
> >>

> >> What else can I try?
>
> I still can't fix the one-way gamopen audio issue on freeswitch. It's
> running the latest freeswitch git version.
>
> I'm using Huaweil USB modem. The modem works fine in with
> Asterisk/chan_dongle (audio works both ways).
>
> SIP phone calling from wifi -> to freeswitch -> to another SIP phone
> on the same wfil -> audio works both ways.
>
> SIP phone calling from wifl -> to freeswitch -> to gsmopen -> Mobile
> Phone ... -> one-way audio only from SIP phone. GSM to SIP no audio.
>

> Thanks,
> Jeff

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Sincerely,