[Freeswitch-users] OPUS Codec

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Wed May 10 17:38:51 MSD 2017

Anyone know on Polycom VVX's using OPUS, what is the sample rate? 8Khz or
48Khz or somewhere inbetween?

I looked a at call through VoIP Monitor, and it said OPUS48 as the codec.
Buy since "the OPUS
specification says that the SDP must always specify 48 kHz and 2 channels"
according to Kristian Kielhofner", I assume it just sadys OPUS 48 because
of this.

Like I mentioned, I though that G.722 between two Polycom's sounded better
than OPUS to my suprise. I assume this is because G.722 is at 16 kHZ, and
Polycom's opus is potentially at 8kHZ.
The softswitch we are using (Netsapiens) does not do any trasconding to my
knowledge, so the payload has to be whatever Polycom encodes/decodes at.

Is there a way to tell what kHz the Opus codec is running at on a Polcom
VVX, or by looked at a packet capture?