[Freeswitch-users] Javascript FileIO

Raymond xxxman2008 at 126.com
Sun Jun 25 18:28:59 UTC 2017

OK, firstly ,where's the new documentation of new V8 js module ?

Secondly, I think,  loop read small piece of  file will cause  too much I/O request . SO , i usually do read in following way.
open the file ----> get file size --> read the whole file ( OS will charge the "one time " read size).

and in real-life , real-project , there's not so many big files.  So, just  open the file ,and  read all.    in 99.99% situation , it's safe.

in some situation , you cann't open the "incomplete file"  , you even cann't "see" them. There's too much detail when we talk about file read ,we can discuss file-system in rest of our life.
 For Faruq , i think  just read whole file is  ok .  if you warry about "incomplete file" ,just wait 1 second ,and  read the file size again. it's  may casuse delay ,but useful if you have lots of files to read .

In my opinion, when linux  do file read ,it read 1 block one time . A block is a sequence of bit or Bytes with a fixed length ie 512 bytes, 4kB, 8kB, 16kB, 32kB etc.  So , please not use strange number as your read size. it's not a good idea.  And  ......I really hate "while (.....)"  code ,it's really really bad.

Raymond