[Freeswitch-users] Javascript FileIO

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 20:00:36 UTC 2017

That wiki documentation is from the old spidermonkey js module not the new
v8 one.

I believe that putting a very large number will not cause any problems as
the data read cannot exceed the total bytes in the file so it should not be
a problem.
You can always do an append loop.  Its usually a good practice to have a
precise max size to read because what if the file was accidentally 2gb.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 3:36 AM, Raymond <xxxman2008 at 126.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>    This will help you  . https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/File
>
> Raymond
>
> At 2017-06-22 21:49:33, "Faruq Ahmad" <afarooqa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a FS dialplan that fetches callflow from a JSON file. File is read
> using
>
> var JsonFd = new FileIO(JsonPath, 'r');
> JsonFd.read(2048);
> result = JsonFd.data();
> var menu = JSON.parse(result),
>
> Is there anyway I can read the whole file in one attempt, i.e. when a
> smaller size was given to the .read() function it wouldn't read the
> complete file. I have increased the value of size for read function however
> my concern is in the long run file size might increase and parse would get
> an incomplete JSON.
>
> Is there anyway I can get filesize from FileIO object or detect EOF from
> the read buffer to make sure the whole file is loaded?
> Also if I increase the size for read fucntion buffer way over the
> estimated filesizes, is there any guarantee that no garbage values will be
> read from the disk after the EOF?

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬

☞ http://freeswitch.org/http://cluecon.com/http://twitter.com/FreeSWITCH