[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch 1.6.19: make current fails after updating

chris chris at gcjd.org
Tue Jul 25 19:00:58 UTC 2017

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 09:07:43 -0700, Mario G wrote:
> I used macFI yesterday and it installed both master and stable fine.
> Are you running macFI from 20170713? Also, are you installing
> production stable? You may want to backup your config folder, trash
> everything in /usr/local (not local itself) and run macFI from July
> 13.

I cannot trash usr/local as there is too much installed. Please do not
assume a clean usr/local; there is brew of course but also TeX and
others. That is not an option.

But I found the reason for the zlib problem, which is not a zlib
problem at all.
The reason is that there is a gcc installed on my test system. So I
have to do:

TerminalCommandLog("export CC=clang; export CXX=clang++; ./configure",
3, "FreeSWITCH configure")

for the configure step or else configure will get confused.
(I admit Google helped me to find this out)

While I am typing this mail macFI is building fine for latest
production 1.6.19.

Do I understand correct that I cannot update the production install
afterwards via macFI ore manual? Choosing "Update prerequisites and
FreeSwitch" results in:

Elf:~ chris$ cd /usr/local/src/freeswitch && git pull && make current
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

Greetings, Chris