[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch 1.6.19: make current fails after updating

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Tue Jul 25 17:31:13 UTC 2017

On 10.11.6 and Xcode 7.3.1, I just trashed everything in /usr/local and used macFI to install stable production and master, it went perfect. zlib headers are part of the install from Xcode placed into various subfolders in "applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/…”. My suggestions:

1. Make sure you opened Xcode at least once to allow it to install final components.

2. sudo find /* -name “*zlib*"   to find all files on your system with lib in the name. zlib.h should be there. Like:
Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/include/zlib.h

3. Backup/move your freeswitch/conf folder.

4. Move everything in /use/local to trash

5. Use macFI from July 13 to install stable production. Copy/move your old conf folder to the freeswitch runtime.

6. If all good then empty trash.

Otherwise you have some kind of Xcode problem. But since you previously installed that’s puzzling how that could happen.

If you look at the test status page <https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/macOS+Installation#macOSInstallation-TestingStatus> you will see they all work, and I use macFI for all testing to save time.