[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch install from yum

Tony Bourdeaux tony at intelecenter.com
Mon Jan 9 12:30:43 MSK 2017

John-

you can add these to your file (see below):
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/freeswitch.service

a symlink is created to this at /usr/lib/systemd/system/freeswitch.service
 when you enable the service with systemd (systemctl enable freeswitch)

[Unit]

Description=FreeSWITCH

Wants=network-online.target

After=syslog.target network.target network-online.target

After=mariadb.service httpd.service

[Service]

Type=forking

User=freeswitch

WorkingDirectory= /var/run/freeswitch

PIDFile=/var/run/freeswitch/freeswitch.pid

EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/freeswitch

ExecStart=/usr/bin/freeswitch -ncwait -nonat $FREESWITCH_PARAMS

ExecReload=/usr/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID

LimitFSIZE= unlimited

LimitDATA= unlimited

LimitSTACK= 245760

LimitCORE= unlimited

LimitNOFILE=999999

LimitAS= unlimited

LimitNPROC= unlimited

LimitMEMLOCK= unlimited

LimitLOCKS= unlimited

LimitSIGPENDING= unlimited

LimitMSGQUEUE= unlimited

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 7:57 AM, John Nash <john.nash778 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed freeswitch using yum commands as per given
> https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/CentOS+7+and+RHEL+7
>
> All seems to be OK but I have two questions ..
>
> 1- I do not find ulimit settings in any startup file as recommend . I see
> files /etc/sysconfig/freeswitch, /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/freeswitch.service
>  am I supposed to create some kind of init script and mention ulimit
> settings there?
>
> 2- In my box I see lua version as Lua 5.1.4  Copyright (C) 1994-2008
> Lua.org, PUC-Rio . Is higher version of lua recommended? Any memory related
> issue with 5.1.4 version?

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Tony Bourdeaux

*Intelecenter, LLC*

ph: 805-428-3031

Skype: tony.bourdeaux

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and
may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify me by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
attachments."