[Freeswitch-users] Cancel reason on loose_race

Jon Schøpzinsky jos at firstcom.dk
Mon Dec 11 20:11:50 UTC 2017

Hi list,

We have the following setup, with a queue server, running our own queue software, a main switch and a SBC.

Queue FreeSWITCH -> Master FreeSWITCH -> OpenSIPS -> UA

When a queue dials multiple UA’s, an one of them answers, the rest is correctly sent a CANCEL with the LOOSE_RACE as X-Reason header.
This is sent from the Queue FreeSWITCH to the Master FreeSWITCH, but when the Master FreeSWITCH sends this on to the OpenSIPS, the X-Reason header gets changed to NORMAL_CLEARING.

Is there any way we can get this header “proxied” through? If not readily available, where should we look to implement this functionality ourselves?

We thought of using our own X- headers, to indicate the reason to the OpenSIPS, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to affect headers on CANCEL messages, only on BYE messages.

Thank you,
Jon Schøpzinsky
ThisIsUniverse