[Freeswitch-users] fifo callers when > call limit until limit no longer exceeded

Royce Mitchell III royce3 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 03:22:25 UTC 2017

I am currently using hash to limit the number of calls that can get through
on a specific destination_number and giving any excess a USER_BUSY,
something like this:

<action application="limit" data="hash inbound ${destination_number}
${call_limit} !USER_BUSY"/>

However, now they're asking me to queue those calls with a recording and
let them through in order as the call_limit reduces back down and then send
the call to a different destination if it stays in that queue for a minute.

In other words, if call_limit is 5, the 6th call would get queued until one
of those first 5 calls clears. If none of the 5 calls clears before a
minute has elapsed, I want to transfer that 6th call to a different
destination. If a 7th call enters the queue, the 6th call should be the
next to get a channel because it has been in the queue longer.

I'm digging through the documentation and I haven't been able to figure out
a way to do this so far. It seems like maybe using fifo in combination with
limit would be in order, but I can't think of how to make them work
together to accomplish this.

Royce Mitchell, IT Consultant
ITAS Solutions
royce3 at itas-solutions.com