[Freeswitch-users] SIM7100 LTE modem with USB audio

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 14:43:02 UTC 2017

well, I would say, once mod_ttyusb_audio is available and stable, there may
be various ways to handle the signaling, and MoidemManager might be one of
them.

As it's vacations time, I didn't yet approach potential sponsors, so I
can't say how fast that will go. At the moment I'm spending 1-2 hours a
week on it.

By the way, I'm in talks with one of Chinese ARM board makers, to build an
appliance with mPCIE slot and metal enclosure with antenna mounts. It would
be in the range of $50 and would run a modern Linux kernel (most probably
the one maintained by Armbian team). So, we may eventually build a
FreeSWITCH-based LTE voice gateway as an alternative to all those
Asterisk-based boxes, most of which are not even open-source.

>>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org