[Freeswitch-users] SIM7100 LTE modem with USB audio

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 13:51:24 UTC 2017

On 31 July 2017 at 02:43, Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I started slowly outlining a new module, mod_ttyusb_audio. It will do
> a simple task by bridging a channel with a specified /dev/ttyUSBx PCM
> flow using a specified codec (All modems that I know use the same L16
> at 8kHZ, but who knows what other codecs there might be). As I didn't
> yet find a sponsor for this development, it goes quite slowly.
>
> as far as i know they all use L16 so no biggie there.

how are you going to instruct mod_ttyusb_audio top open audio channel on a
specific tty ? are you planing to provide the api in ESL ?

> Once it's done, the signaling could be done either within FreeSWITCH,
> or in an outside ESL daemon. An external daemon would allow more
> flexibility, but there's a burden of running one more process.

although it can be much more flexible and faster using an external ESL
daemon, i'd prefer to make it in FreeSWITCH as a module ... e.g. mod_hayes

> In regards to udev rules -- you actually don't need them. The logic of
> finding the modem and matching it against IMEI and IMSI is already in
> mod_gsmopen (was that Giovanni who implemented it?). It just needs a
> bit of improvement in making it more vendor-independent. Also I would
> do matching on IMEI OR IMSI, not the AND condition that is in the
> module currently.
>
> are we sure IMEI and/or IMSI will always present ?

> I actually do have a set of udev rules, they are in fact needed for
> data connection:
> https://github.com/ssinyagin/wwan_udev_rules
> But they fail if you have more than one modem, and here's an explanation:
> https://txlab.wordpress.com/2017/05/19/two-lte-modems-
> with-pc-engines-apu3/

this is specific HW :=) .. im positive there is a work around this problem
:=)