[Freeswitch-users] Choppy audio when conferencing 4+ participants

Raymond xxxman2008 at 126.com
Wed Apr 26 14:52:14 MSD 2017

HI,
   We have already  run Freeswitch (git master version)  several month on china . With an real server have  2 physical E5 2403V2 CPU (4core per cpu ,no HT) + 32G Ram,no video,  no transcode,just proxy the stream , we can provide about 2000 sessions ( rtp stream) to our customer, audio quality guaranteed.

   We also have server with FreeSwitch installed on  Aliyun (an chinese cloud server provider ), which based on  KVM technology.
Conference function is also tested, audio quality is good when using PCM codec, participants <= 10, streams is mixed.

Based on our experience , plz   DO NOT GIVE REAL-TIME PRIORITY TO Freeswitch . not only cloud server, but also physical server ,if you want maximize throughput.

Many Cloud Server share the CPU time and I/O  resources .  "Realtime" cann't be guaranteed.  And  many cloud server have very low Packet forwarding rate . Maybe only 200 k pps.

In real world , we always run Freeswitch with normal priority ,just renice it a little higher than other process. in our situation ,it's the best.

Raymond