[Freeswitch-users] Quiet or Silent call

Benjamin Cropley benjamin.cropley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:36:37 MSD 2016

*>> I would like to have this device call the extension, however have the
call silent on the device end with no ringing and muted on the receiving
side*
I would answer the call, set an inaudible ringback tone and then bridge
like -

<action application="answer"/>
<action application="set" data="ringback=%(0)"/>
<action application="bridge" data="..."/>

*>> When the receiver picks up the call, the receiver is muted but has the
ability to unmute their end of the call.*
Set it so when the callee picks up the call, you transfer them to an
extension that includes the conference feature, which you can use to mute
parties

Hope that helps

Ben Cropley

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 7:53 PM, Shawn Wheeler <
Shawn.Wheeler at interlockconcepts.com> wrote:

> I have a SIP devise which I set to call a pre-defined extension.
>
> I would like to have this device call the extension, however have the call
> silent on the device end with no ringing and muted on the receiving side.
>
> In other words, I want to execute the call from the device, the device
> speaker would not play a ringing tone, (forgive me if my wording it not
> correct).  When the receiver picks up the call, the receiver is muted but
> has the ability to unmute their end of the call.
>
> Is this possible?  If so is there recommendation on how to set this up?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Shawn

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

All the best,