[Freeswitch-users] originate local extension with mod_vlc into conference -> window not available

Sebastian Denz denzs at gonicus.de
Wed Sep 14 09:53:19 MSD 2016

Hi,

i want to combine audio from a sip client and video from an external ip-webcam into one outgoing call...

I use mod_vlc to integrate the webcam into my dialplan like this:

    <extension name="video1" continue="true">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^101$">
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="playback" data="vlc://rtsp://user:pass@192.168.23.101:554/axis-media/media.amp?videocodec=h264&resolution=640x480"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

When i call 101 from a video capable client everything works fine!

My current approach is to add the caller and the video extension in a conference and add then add the target extension to the conference.

But when i try to add the video extension to a conference with
originate loopback/101 &conference(301)

the console shows:
VLC: window not available
VLC: Cannot create primary surface
VLC: standard input is not a TTY

see https://pastebin.freeswitch.org/view/a83b47ba for a full console log.

It seems that the conference doesnt accept the output of playback/mod_vlc?!

When i run freeswitch in foreground the video is displayed in ascii style directly in the freeswitch console ;)

I tried it with 1.6.10 and git master...

To me this feels like a bug?!
But of course i would appreciate suggestions on other approaches too!

Regards,
Sebastian