[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH on Docker

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 02:15:59 MSD 2016

On 15 October 2016 at 20:58, Ehsan Minachi <ehsanminachi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you all for your responses.
>
> We have a highly distributed environment. While Kubernetes manages 80+
> micro services across our clusters, we are planning to have dedicated
> FreeSWITCH hardware. Currently on each server dedicated to FreeSWITCH we're
> running two instances with dedicated NIC cards.
>
> Our plan was indeed to use host only network. We also have a cluster of
> GlusterFS serving media files and will be attached as a volume to our
> FreeSWITCH containers.

Seems good to me.

Please report how it goes.

Also, don't put /usr/local/freeswitch/sounds on GlusterFS, GlusterFS is not
so good for realtime reading and concatenating many small files (eg: what
standard FS IVRs do).
GlusterFS can be good for voicemail messages (eg
/usr/local/freeswitch/storage).

You better keep your smallish audio files (to be concatenated) on local
filesystems, keeped in sync. Maybe (not so good) on NFS. GlusterFS is not
the best for that.

-giovanni

>>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org