[Freeswitch-users] OSX shared libesl

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:02:25 MSK 2016

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
> all you should need is ./configure.   The others shouldn't be necessary at all.  a .la file is a libtool library file and has nothing to do with if its dynamic or static.  The configure args you specified will also produce a dynamic, but none of those are necessary to get that result.  --enable-64 is really just used for solaris where the default compiler is 32 bit on 64 bit os.

Many thanks for your response. It's good to know that the  --enable-64
flag is only relevant for Solaris.

I did try to answer my own question, but there seems to be some MX DNS
issues with the mailing list, so responses from yesterday got
rejected.

In the meantime I had created a workaround that I could load via JNA:

g++ -fpic -shared -Wl,-all_load libesl.la -Wl,-noall_load -o libesl.dylib