[Freeswitch-users] Better results from mod_vmd

Vallimamod Abdullah vma at 440hz.fr
Thu Mar 17 16:43:49 MSK 2016

Hi Piotr,

I am glad that you are working on the avmd module! I tried myself a few months ago but found the code very difficult to follow and debug due to its overuse of macros. Do you plan to rewrite these macros as inline functions? For my part, I ended up rewriting all these macros as functions just to understand the code.

I eventually wrote a new module from scratch as I noticed the bugs you mention and needed incompatible changes in the api. But had not time to clean it up and check the licensing matters yet.

The real breakthrough is actually the one you mentioned in FS-8875: I have noticed real improvements in the cpu usage and detection accuracy by checking only the convergence of OMEGA instead of sin(OMEGA) and thus avoiding the sin calculation entirely!

I will be glad to help in any way. Please keep me in touch when you publish your patch, I’ll be happy to have a look.

Best Regards,
Vallimamod
.