[Freeswitch-users] Bridge Call and Join Conference

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 00:59:15 MSD 2016

So, I'm trying to setup certain calls such that they enter into a
conference asap. I have the process working using bridging conferences
right now, which is okay, but bridging conferences forces the dialing leg
of the call to go to an answered state immediately, while the bridge leg is
still ringing. So, while everything seems to work correctly, it messes with
some of my reconciliation/reporting process with another database that are
fed off of channel state events. Essentially it looks like every call was
answered.

So I was curious to know if there's a way to make a call that creates a
bridged leg, and then as soon as the leg is answered immediately joins both
legs into a conference. Is the only way to do it to listen for the
channel_bridge events and then transfer the call myself?

Best,
Colin