[Freeswitch-users] RingBack for PSTN call

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Fri Jan 29 22:00:00 MSK 2016

Boteman is right, the first thing to check with your ITSP is whether early media can be changed by you. I use custom ringback for everything, it even announces the persons name, plays music and provides info. This works for all callers, from cell, PSTN, etc. I had two ITSP that supported early media change, then one “upgraded” their system and it stopped working. When I called and their senior techs didn’t know what early media was I dropped them. I use Callcentric and they support it.

FYI… see the timeout stuff I added to the wiki a couple of years back for an example (the whole thing is early media up until voicemail (you have to answer for that):

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_local_stream#mod_local_stream-ExecutionParameters