[Freeswitch-users] Replace One Session with Another

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 18:35:37 MSD 2016

Hey all,

I asked this question a little while back and didn't get a response but I
worked around the issue for a while so I had never followed up. Now I'm
facing some other issues and would like to see if there's an answer to this
out there (or if it needs to be built).

I'm looking to get behavior like the "pickup" channel, but at any point
during a call. Say I have channel A on a call with channel B. Channel C
calls, and I want it to take the place of A such that C is now talking to
B. In this particular case, intercept could work, but I have two issues
with that:

1. I would like to copy all channel vars from A to C
2. I would like to be able to do the same thing *at any point* during a
call. Even if A is not currently bridged to another endpoint. As I
understand, intercept connects you with an existing call, it doesn't
replace anything. So logically it would only work when there's another
endpoint to bridge you to.

Essentially, I want to swap sessions. Have everything that A is doing
replaced with C, and drop A. This actually appears to be what the pickup
channel does (I have noticed all channel vars are copied), but pickup only
works during bridging.

Is this possible to do?

Best,
Colin