[Freeswitch-users] Building FreeSWITCH master (> v1.7) on CentOS?

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Fri May 29 23:08:28 MSD 2015

As detailed in the 1.6 merge release announcement:

https://freeswitch.org/the-1-6-video-branch-has-been-merged-into-master/

We have all the dependencies sorted out for you for Debian Jessie.  We have called for community members to help with the porting and packaging of dependencies that are required for other operating systems and distributions.  The work has begun on CentOS packages:

https://freeswitch.org/jira/browse/FS-7553

But this work is not yet complete, and will likely take quite some time for some platforms, depending on volunteer effort.  If you would like to begin testing 1.6 prior to the beta releases, we recommend using Debian Jessie as we have already resolved a number of fairly complex dependencies.  If you must use another operating system you will have to work out which of our custom dependencies are required:

https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/SD

And how to get them built properly for your platform.  We welcome all community contributions to assist in this porting effort.  Please open pull requests against these libraries and coordinate with me or Ken Rice so we can get building packages for other platforms working on our build servers.

Thanks
Mike