[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch systemd unit file for debian?

Joseph Dickson jdickson at evolvetsi.com
Fri May 1 20:50:49 MSD 2015

Happy Friday!

I'm having trouble using latest release systemd unit file on Debian
Jessie..  It looks like the unit file is the same in master, so I imagine
the issue exists there too..

On my system (fresh Debian 8 install), I get the following failure when
trying to start using the included unit file:

May 01 12:48:22 XXX systemd[9119]: Failed at step CHDIR spawning
/bin/mkdir: No such file or directory

I'm new to systemd, but it looks like the problem is that the
WorkingDirectory is set to /run/freeswitch.  Trouble is that
/run/freeswitch is created in an ExecStartPre statement.  That's the best
explanation I have for the CHDIR failure that systemd is complaining about.

It looks like the only way to get /run/freeswitch created soon enough to be
used as a WorkingDirectory is the tmpfiles.d mechanism that systemd has.
Am I on the right track, or am I missing an obvious solution?

Thanks!

Joseph Dickson
jdickson at evolvetsi.com