[Freeswitch-users] Silence Suppression from an Audio Conference

Markus von Arx mkvonarx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:20:25 MSK 2015

Hi Bote

I did play around with those settings some more and came to the conclusion,
that VAD and CNG do indeed work. Just not in the way I want. I observed
that the FreeSWITCH always continues to send G.711 PCMU RTP packets every
20 milliseconds no matter if the RTP packets carry user voice or CNG
payload, and that the FreeSWITCH never uses RTP type 13 for sending CNG,
and that the FreeSWITCH never does actual silence suppression. I'll open
another discussion with more specific questions about silence suppression
without the "distraction" of audio conferencing.

Markus