[Freeswitch-users] Intermittent audio issue with Chrome 40-42 and WebRTC

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 21:41:15 MSK 2015

We are working to release 1.6.  WebRTC is very new and we are working to
keep up with chrome.
I've experienced this problem before where chrome stops working right until
you kill all instances of chrome.  There is not much we can do its usually
related to hardware enumeration of the devices etc.
You may want to consider having your employer look at our FSA platform at
https://freeswitch.com/cart.php?gid=5  Then when 1.6 comes out you will
have early access to the latest WebRTC work we are doing.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Oleg Stolyar <olegstolyar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Ever since my users switched to Chrome 40, 41 or 42 beta, every now and
> then they complain that they cannot hear audio from FreeSWITCH or send
> audio to FreeSWITCH.  I cannot reproduce this at will but was able to catch
> several occurrences.  It happens on both Windows and Macs.  Here are some
> details"
>
> 1. Usually the problem is solved if we close Chrome and make sure all the
> Chrome processes are killed.
>
> 2. When the problem happens, FS logs this on connection:
> [ERR] switch_rtp.c:2976 audio DTLS packet not written
>
> 3. I tried using this WebRTC test on an affected computer:
> https://janus.conf.meetecho.com/echotest.html
> and that worked, so it is not a general WebRTC issue.
>
> 4. I tried FS WebRTC demo page
> https://webrtc.freeswitch.org/verto/index.html#page-main
> and on the affected computer the problem was still there - no audio.
>
> 5. This happened both on an old FS version from last May and on a very
> recent master FreeSWITCH Version
> 1.5.15b+git~20150316T164411Z~b32abaadd9~64bit (git b32abaa 2015-03-16
> 16:44:11Z 64bit)
>
> Any ideas?

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬