[Freeswitch-users] Intermittent audio issue with Chrome 40-42 and WebRTC

Oleg Stolyar olegstolyar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 21:20:40 MSK 2015

Hi guys,

Ever since my users switched to Chrome 40, 41 or 42 beta, every now and
then they complain that they cannot hear audio from FreeSWITCH or send
audio to FreeSWITCH.  I cannot reproduce this at will but was able to catch
several occurrences.  It happens on both Windows and Macs.  Here are some
details"

1. Usually the problem is solved if we close Chrome and make sure all the
Chrome processes are killed.

2. When the problem happens, FS logs this on connection:
[ERR] switch_rtp.c:2976 audio DTLS packet not written

3. I tried using this WebRTC test on an affected computer:
https://janus.conf.meetecho.com/echotest.html
and that worked, so it is not a general WebRTC issue.

4. I tried FS WebRTC demo page
https://webrtc.freeswitch.org/verto/index.html#page-main
and on the affected computer the problem was still there - no audio.

5. This happened both on an old FS version from last May and on a very
recent master FreeSWITCH Version
1.5.15b+git~20150316T164411Z~b32abaadd9~64bit (git b32abaa 2015-03-16
16:44:11Z 64bit)

Any ideas?