[Freeswitch-users] Real-time billing application for the, FreeSWITCH (mod_lua, mod_perl or ESL)

DanB danb.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 20:48:38 MSK 2015

One more thing to consider when you build your real-time billing
application is call authorize before connect.
If you only treat answer and hangup you can end up with the call without
balance going through and eating some seconds at each connect (which in
case of DoS requests can result in quite serious amounts for you).

In CGRateS we use park application in dialplan to put the call on hold
before being authorized by the same CHANNEL_PARK event and loop the call
through dialplan back when we are done checking it.

Just my two cents,
DanB