[Freeswitch-users] mod_amqp on RHEL

Hector Geraldino Hector.Geraldino at ipsoft.com
Mon Jun 29 19:55:57 MSD 2015

Greetings,

I'm trying to build a new FreeSWITCH instance from master, and I have to include the mod_amqp as we'll be relying on RabbitMQ to deliver events. Anyway, this is not working for me on a RHEL 6.2 server due to this error:

make[3]: Entering directory `/apps/src/freeswitch-1.4.19/src/mod'

making all mod_amqp
make[4]: Entering directory `/apps/src/freeswitch-1.4.19/src/mod/event_handlers/mod_amqp'
Makefile:772: *** You must install librabbitmq1 and librabbitmq-dev to build this module.  Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/apps/src/freeswitch-1.4.19/src/mod/event_handlers/mod_amqp'
make[3]: *** [mod_amqp-all] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/apps/src/freeswitch-1.4.19/src/mod'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/apps/src/freeswitch-1.4.19/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/apps/src/freeswitch-1.4.19'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The error is pretty obvious: it's missing these two libraries listed there, but thing is that I cannot find those libraries (or any replacement for them) for the Red Hat/Fedora distros. I installled rabbitmq-server, no luck. Tried to install these:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/26206777/dir/redhat_el_6/com/librabbitmq-devel-0.5.0-2.el6.x86_64.rpm.html
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=librabbitmq-devel(x86-64)

No luck either. It was either I was missing some other dependencies, and then some more, and more, until I couldn't find some of the rpms missing, or the RPMs, after installed, didn't contain the same libs the debian-based pkg seems to have, as the module still didn't compile.

Has anyone been able to compile this on a redhat based distro? (fedora,rhel,centos)

Thanks all for your time