[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Week in Review (Master Branch) June 13th-19th

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Wed Jun 24 04:31:41 MSD 2015

In most instances when people are installing a new software package a
default/example config is installed. We're going to match what they are
doing. Also, if you install the freeswitch configs before you actually
instll the freeswitch packages, the configs will not be overwritten

On 6/23/15, 5:50 PM, "Stanislav Sinyagin" <ssinyagin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Ken Rice <krice at freeswitch.org> wrote:
>
> FS-7669 When installing from Debian packaging if you don¹t have the
>
> /etc/freeswitch directory, we will install the default packages for you. If
>
> you already have this directory, we¹ll let you deal with your own
> configs.

are you sure you want to do this? Now all deployment scripts will
> have
to delete /etc/freeswitch on a freshly installed server before
deploying
> the target config.

I think it's sufficient to print a reminder at the end of
> the package
installation about the config directory. The vanilla configuration
> is
anyway not supposed to run on a production server.

If you want a clean
> start, you can check the existence of
/etc/freeswitch before launching the

consulting at freeswitch.org