[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Week in Review (Master Branch) June 13th-19th

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 02:50:26 MSD 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Ken Rice <krice at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> FS-7669 When installing from Debian packaging if you don’t have the
> /etc/freeswitch directory, we will install the default packages for you. If
> you already have this directory, we’ll let you deal with your own configs.

are you sure you want to do this? Now all deployment scripts will have
to delete /etc/freeswitch on a freshly installed server before
deploying the target config.

I think it's sufficient to print a reminder at the end of the package
installation about the config directory. The vanilla configuration is
anyway not supposed to run on a production server.

If you want a clean start, you can check the existence of
/etc/freeswitch before launching the daemon.