[Freeswitch-users] Which for agent.pem? openssl or gentls_cert

Nandy Dagondon nandy1925 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 05:47:51 MSD 2015

Hi to all,

I'm testing mod_verto on FS v1.5.14 Debian Wheezy 64-bit .  In setting up
the certificates (self-signed), I followed the wiki. I encounter this WS
SETUP FAILED error even on Windows Chrome inspite of  all ports (443,
5061,5081,8081, 8082 and 7443) are listening.  I'm suspecting a certificate
setup problem.

In setting up the WSS certificates, it refers to WebRTC wiki, specifically
bkw's link:

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/WebRTC#WebRTC-Aquickhowtofrombkw(BrianK.West):

So far openssl is used to generate the certificates.

This portion # Setup Sofia TLS the "agent.pem" is created and led me to ...

https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/SIP_TLS#Configuration

However, gentls_cert is used to create "agent.pem"! Is there a conflict
here? Which one to use?

I appreciate for your guidance since I'm new to SSL/TLS.

/Nandy