[Freeswitch-users] Porting

Massimo Varriale mvar78 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 17:54:01 MSK 2015

Hi Blake,
I don't have direct experience with flowroute but as far as I can see the situation you are facing is the same with some italian providers...

In situation where I'm not able to port the number to another provider I'm using an FXO converter (Could be a Linksys/Cisco SPA 3000) to get analog lines and to redirect them to my FS box.
In my FS I have an incoming configuration (that is coming from the ATA) and several different outbound Gateways so I do not need to pay for any forward to get incoming calls and also I'm not paying too expenses bill from the provider because I only keep it for incoming calls and I'm using cheaper Gateways for outgoing calls..

I hope this could help
Cheers
Max