[Freeswitch-users] Porting

Kevin Wormington kworm at sofnet.com
Thu Jan 29 17:51:38 MSK 2015

The problem isn't in porting the actual number itself...it is the
underlying carrier(s) of Flowroute (or any other provider) not having
some type of trunking connecting to the rate center or tandem you are
trying to port the number from along with an LRN for that rate center.
Along with other issues like 911/E911 support, etc. especially if it's
rural.

The costs to a carrier could be several hundred dollars per month to get
into a rate center so it's difficult when it's just a few numbers.