[Freeswitch-users] multi-tenant registration for Cisco spa 112

Robert Oldham robert at oldhamtechnology.com
Fri Jan 2 03:48:49 MSK 2015

I am a freeswitch noob, so please forgive me if my questions are not coherent with proper concepts. I have made an earnest attempt to find clues to my problem on the wiki and elsewhere, but suspect I am asking the wrong questions.

Problem:
I cannot get a Cisco spa 112 to register properly.

Context:
I am trying to put together a proof of concept multi-tenant freeswitch server. After reading the book FreeSWITCH 1.2 by Anthony Minessale, I used the FusionPBX install script to get freeswitch 1.4.14 built on a fresh Ubuntu 12.04 install. I configured a domain name to point to the new server. On the server I added the domain in the directory and 3 users/extensions along with several sip gateways. The gateways work. One of the extensions has a Grandstream GXP2160 registered successfully, another has a Zoiper soft phone registered successfully.

Details:
I have tried to configure and get a Cisco SPA 112 to register on the 3rd extension. However, it is failing to register. I have watched the sip trace and packet capture. Both show the same thing: the Cisco SPA sends a sip register request to which sofia responds with a 401 "unauthorized".  Then, instead of sending a sip register with an authorization digest as the other phones do, the Cisco spa 112, sends another generic sip register request, which elicits another 401 "unauthorized" from sofia. This repeats a few times, and then the spa 112 gives up, waits 40 seconds and then does it all over again.

I have had this device registered with an asterisk server without trouble. I have reset the device to factory defaults and updated the firmware, all without any change.

The domain name is fairly long. Don't know if that might be a factor.

Any clues where I might look next or tests I might try for more information?

Thank you,

Robert Oldham
Oldham Technology
    Phone: (801) 877-2190